On the main street of the town of Even Yehuda, Hameyasdim (Founders) Street, stands “Beit Yechiel”, the town’s former retirement home, built in the 1960’s and abandoned since. It has recently been restored by “Hahaklay”, the local founders association. The museum tells of the establishment of the last settlement in the Land of Israel in 1932 by the “Bnei Binyamin” organization, the organization of the youngsters of the settlements.
What’s at the site: a display on the town’s history; reconstruction of the mythological “Black Barracks”, which was the settler’s first barracks; reconstruction of the only bus that operated the town’s once daily connection to Tel-Aviv in the 1930’s; displays on the citrus and poultry industries, the immigrants who arrived at the town; periodic furniture and tools; children world and more; the museum houses the museum houses the town’s archive containing a collection of photos and pioneers’ testimonies.
For the general public: pre-arranged guided tours, including a lecture on the history of settlement at the site and the Sharon region and the once flourishing citrus industry.
For children: experiential activations for schools and kindergartens, activations about environmental issues and orchards.