The Fisher House was built at the end of the 19th century and was known as “The Beck House”. At the early days of Kiryat Ata it was used by Yehoshua Fisher, who was the head of the renewed Jewish settlement. He bequeathed his house to the TOM association and designated it for communal activities. The municipality of Kiryat Ata and the TOM association have reconstructed the building, in which the Municipal Museum of the history of Kiryat Ata and the “Ma’alot HaGiborim” synagogue are now located next to each other.
What’s at the site: a selection of tools that teach of the founders’ way of life at home and at the field. The exhibition “From a bird’s view” is displayed at the main hall, featuring aerial photos (from the years 1945-2009) telling the story of the town’s development. The archive contains documents, tapes, photos and memories of the town’s elderly along with current material based on local press publications and community documentation, mostly performed by volunteers and pupils from Kiryat Ata. The pedagogical center contains mainly didactical material connected to the town’s history, educational projects and short films about the town, since the first settlement of the area, around 5,000 years ago and more.
For the general public: ”Following Kiryat Ata’s pioneers” tour, taking place annually during the site preservation week; “Following Kiryat Ata’s warriors to Ramat Yohanan” taking place on the Memorial Day for the Fallen; guided tours for organized groups.
For children: activations with games, task sheets, indoor games and street games, by pre-arrangement.