This is the house of Paula and David Ben-Gurion, which they bequeathed to the State of Israel. It was built in the years 1929-1939 at Tel-Aviv’s first labourer neighbourhood and served as the couple’s permanent residence until they settled in Sde Boker. It was in this house that the Declaration of Independence was given the final touches and its final version was written. From here Ben-Gurion departed to the old Tel Aviv Museum to declare the establishment of the State of Israel, on the 5th of the month of Iyar 5708, 14th may 1948. The visit of the Ben-Gurion house allows for a real, tangible and personal “touch” of the constitutive events in the history of the State of Israel as well as a direct encounter with the figure and life style of David Ben-Gurion.
What’s at the site: the house of Paula and David Ben-Gurion just it was during their lifetime, with the original furniture and objects which served them during the time they lived there. The house contains David Ben-Gurion’s rich library of over 20,000 titles on various subjects, which is open to the visiting public.
For the general public: the house is open for visits free of charge. Guidance is provided to organised groups by the staff, by advance coordination.
For children: group guidance, assignment sheets, creative activities, a tour and a film, by advance coordination.