A significant historic site serving as a museum for the history of Nahariya. The house contains exhibits and stories describing the founding of Nahariya in 1935 and the many difficulties that befell the settlement until its recognition as part of the State of Israel and capital of Western Galilee.
The building housing the museum was planned by an Italian architect and built in 1860. The building and the land around it were purchased by the founders of Nahariya and were later sold to Mr. Phillip Lieberman, a Jewish industrialist from the city of Stanislawow, then part of the Poland and now in the Ukraine.
What’s at the site: exhibits and photos from Nahariya’s past, with each photo presenting a different aspect of the city’s history. Starting from working of farmer plots, through the absorption of ships with clandestine Jewish immigrants (“Maapilim”), the development of industry and tourism while coping with difficult security and economic issues. An exhibition of past objects, that were part of every kitchen and courtyard in the country, as well as photos of special moments and a short film about Nahariya in the past and present.
For the general public: guided tours combined with exciting personal stories that help understand the history of the place.