In November 1924 the first settlers went onto the ground and built the first barracks of the moshava of Herzliya, named after the visionary of the Jewish state, Benjamin Ze’ev Herzl. In April 1960 Herzliya received the status of a city. The Founders’ House serves as museum of the history of Herzliya commemorating its first years with a permanent exhibition and comprehensive archival documentation. The ideological connection between Herzl, the visionary of the State of Israel, and the pioneer settlement at Herzliya is pointed out throughout the exhibition.
What’s at the site: a permanent display using various means of conceptualization to describe the daily life of the settlers at the period prior to the establishment of the State of Israel. The museum was the home of agronomist Baruch Chizik, and is surrounded by a magnificent garden.
For the general public: guided museum tours.
For children: age suited educational and experiential workshops on the city’s founding fathers and history, combined with interactive illustration tools.